The FED is coming up. What to watch out for?
Skerdian Meta • 1 min read
The FED FOMC meeting statement and the press conference from the chairwoman Yellen will be up shortly. What should we watch out for?
1. The Brexit fears – How much priority will the FED give to Brexit?
2. The global economy – The global economy has improved but will it be enough for the FED to be more hawkish?
3. The domestic economy – The US economy has improved as well in the recent month apart from the manufacturing sector. Again, will it be enough for the FED?
4. The inflation – The oil prices have picked up and so has inflation. Will the FED mention this on the statement?
5. The dot plot – Will they lower the interest rate hike dot plot?
If all of these points are recognized by the FED then the statement will be 4-1 on the hawkish side, which will be positive for the US Dollar.