BoJo Feeling Optimistic Once Again
Skerdian Meta • 1 min read
Britain is going through a political battle right now. The Prime Minister Boris Johnson wants to get done with Brexit, deal or no deal; the other side, which includes the opposition parties and some divergents from the ruling Conservative Party, want to postpone Brexit again in order to get a deal, hopefully. Johnson has prorogued the Parliament, the opponents have voted to take control of the Parliament.
In recent days though, BoJo has sounded confident regarding a deal, but perhaps he is just trying to play his cards right. Last week we heard PM Johnson say that he is going to Brussels to get a deal and today he is making more positive comments:
- A Brexit deal can be done by 18 October
- We will bring forward other ideas to address the complexity of the Irish border
- Says that there is a way through that will satisfy Ireland
- A deal can be done by 18 October, let’s do it together
- “I want to get a deal”
- We have “an abundance” of proposals to break Brexit impasse
- But will not share said proposals in public
- Progress has to be made on political declaration as well as the withdrawal agreement
- We have the ideal amount of time to get this done
- Can make “huge progress” if we really focus
Yes, they have “an abundance” of proposals but they just cannot share in public, right. It seems like they will kick the can down the road one more time. BoJo is sounding optimistic but we know it’s just to buy some more time. Nonetheless, GBP/USD has climbed around 100 pips in the last couple of hours.