Donald Trump Hinting at Phase Two Deal With China
Skerdian Meta • 1 min read
It’s that time of the year again and the annual World Economic Forum in Davos is underway. Main economic and political actors around the world gather up there, to plan the world domination for the new year, as they do every year.
US President Donald Trump was speaking just a while ago, making the comments below:
- US is in the midst of an economic boom like never seen before
- Trade deals with China, Mexico represent new model for the 21st century
- US economy was in a dismal state under the previous administration
- Says he is creating the most ‘inclusive’ economy in the history of the country
- Fed has raised rates too fast and lowered them too slowly
- Our relationship with China has never been better
- My relationship with Chinese president Xi is an extraordinary one
- Phase Two negotiations will start very shortly
- Most of the tariffs will remain in place during Phase Two negotiations
- We’re being paid billions and billions of dollars
He is beating his chest about the shape of the US economy, preparing for the upcoming US elections later this year. Also taking aniother jab at the FED, for hiking rates too fast and being too slow in cutting them, although the FED cut rates three times in a row last year.
He’s also speaking abut the Phase Two deal with China, but that’s about as much as he can say, because China is still on the Phase One deal mode and doesn’t seem too interested to continue with negotiations for the Phase Two deal right now. We will see how the Phase One deal is carried out first, before heading into the next stage.