UK Finally Accepts it is Infected With Coronavirus
Skerdian Meta • 1 min read
The Daily Telegraph was out with a piece earlier today, reporting that people close to the mayor of London office, that shutdown of the capital is expected in coming days. It adds that government will be able to close premises. There is worry that Boris Johnson’s call for people to avoid pubs and restaurants and to work at home is being ignored by a large amount of people.
But, they eventually will obey, once the crap hits the fan like in China, or as it is doing in Italy. Boris Johnson’s spokesman also comments a while ago, making the folloiwng statements:
- UK will definitely end the Brexit transition on December 31
- Government held aviation roundtable on coronavirus
- UK will set out position imminently on school closures
- Will publish coronavirus outbreak models
- Priority is quick, effective measures to protect incomes
- Doesn’t rule out tighter controls in London
- We will continue to explore ways to continue EU trade talks
- Exploring flexibility and structure of EU talks
Meanwhile, the EU chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier has announced in a tweet that he has coronavirus. Let’s see how the Brexit negotiations will go on from here, because everyone is isolating. Boris Johnson has said before to be pushing for Brexit at the end of the year, whatever comes, but this is something else, so we’ll see.