New York Business Conditions Suffering From the Riots
Skerdian Meta • 1 min read
The US economy started with a strong bounce in May and June and it seems like the recovery is going well so far, unlike in Europe or other places. The ISM manufacturing report for August was quite strong yesterday while today, the factory orders for July showed another strong jump. Although, the economy is not rebounding as it should in certain states.
The business in New York is suffering from the protests/riots and the ISM survey confirms that. So, the places where there is unrest, will continue to drag down the overall economy in the US, which is still making good progress compared to Europe.
Business survey from the ISM New York
- August ISM New York business conditions 42.9 points
- July New York business conditions were at 53.5 points
- Index at 804.2 points vs 807.8
This index has bounced around in the summer months. It was at 39.5.
US July Factory Orders Report
- July factory orders +6.4% vs +6.1% expected
- June factory orders were +6.1%
- Core order, excluding transport +2.1% vs +4.4% prior (prior revised to +4.8%)
- Durable goods orders +11.4% vs +11.2% prelim
- Capital goods orders non-defense ex air +1.9% vs +1.9% prelim
- Capital goods shipments non-defense ex air +2.4% vs +2.4% prelim