Boris Johnson is Confident About a Brexit Deal
Skerdian Meta • 1 min read
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson is proroguing the British parliament and he won the appeals in the Scottish and English courts against the opposition. He seems determined to get Brexit done, with or without a deal by October 31, although the opposition and some Tory dissidents voted to take things into their hands.
He continues to sound confident though and he is now hoping to get a deal from the EU. Here are some comments that Johnson made a while ago:
- I’ll go to Brussels and get a deal
- People in the UK want us to get on and leave on 31 October
- Confident of getting a Brexit deal at the October EU council summit
- Labour must have the guts to have an election
- Not willing to contemplate resigning
The opposition and the rebels among the Conservatives seem to be too scared to go for an election. Sky News reported just now that the rebel alliance is to vote against or abstain from an election motion on Monday. Well, let’s see if Johnson can get a Brexit deal which would satisfy all parties. The GBP continues to trade in a tight range today.