Consumer Confidence Jumps Higher in the US
Skerdian Meta • 1 min read
The consumer confidence turned negative last year during the lock-downs in the US, as it did in most other places. But, it has been improving since then, unlike in Europe where the consumer and investor confidence remained negative until recently.
Today, the US consumer confidence report posted a major jump for this month, which shows that the economic situation in the US is getting even better. This should keep the USD bullish for the coming sessions I assume.
US March consumer confidence data from The Conference Board
- March consumer confidence 109.7 points vs 96.9 expected
- February consumer confidence was 91.3 points
- Expectations 109.6 points vs 90.9 prior
- Present situation 110.0 points vs 89.6 prior
- Jobs hard-to-get 18.5 points vs 22.4 prior