US Inflation Cools in September, Earnings Increase
Skerdian Meta • 1 min read
The US economic recovery after the lock-down months looks a lot better than in Europe. While the recovery has slowed considerably in Europe and some areas are experiencing contraction again, like services or the ZEW economic sentiment that we saw earlier today.
In the US, the economic recovery is keeping up the pace, as earnings show in this report, although CPI inflation has cooled off a bit. This points to the USD turning bullish once the elections are over and both sides have accepted the winner.
US September CPI and Earnings Reports
- September CPI YoY +1.4% vs +1.4% expected
- August CPI YoY was +1.3%
- Core CPI YoY, excluding food and energy +1.7% vs +1.7% exp
- August core CPI was +1.7%
- CPI MoM +0.2% vs +0.2% expected
- Core CPI MoM excluding food and energy +0.2% vs +0.2% exp
- Average weekly earnings +4.1% vs +3.9% expected
- Average hourly earnings +3.3% +3.2% prior